Blind, Inc. Youth Programs
Blind, Inc. offers several programs designed especially for blind and low vision children and students who are attending high school and wish to participate in fun activities and learn new skills. More information on each individual program is available below.
- The PREP (Post-secondary Readiness and Empowerment Program) is a Summer program that allows teenagers to learn the skills they need to keep up with their peers and prepares them to attend college or join the workforce.
- The Buddy Program offered each summer, teaches children ages 9 to 13 that being blind is OK and they can have as much fun as anybody else.
- Our STYLE (Summer Transition Youth Learning Experience) Program, is for students who cannot participate in our school year programs and who wish to continue developing skills over the summer. Dates to be announced.
- Our (TEAMS) Transition: Employment, Advocacy, Mentoring and Skills) Program, is designed to provide individualized instruction to students in the skills needed to determine and achieve their personal, scholastic and vocational goals.
- The Transition Trail Outreach Program, is designed to reach students and families who reside outside the metro area by bringing transition themed programming to different areas in the state of Minnesota.
If you have any questions, or if you wish to obtain more information, Please contact Michell Gip, Youth Services Coordinator:
- Phone: (612) 872-0100 (ext. 231),
- Toll free: (800) 597-9558,
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the web at www.BlindInc.org