State Services for the Blind hosted a Career Expo for high school and college students who are blind, low vision, or DeafBlind.
The event took place on Saturday, April 27.
Throughout the Expo students had the opportunity to:
- Connect with adults with a vision loss from a variety of professions and careers.
- Hear from college representatives about what college is like.
- Learn why diversity matters from an employer’s point of view.
- Share and learn about assistive technology
- Sign up for individual informational and/or mock interviews.
In this interview, Jeff Thompson caught up with Alex Loch:
Alex Loch, DPT
Physical Therapist, Essentia Health
Alex Loch, DPT, earned his Doctorate of Physical Therapy at the College of St. Scholastica. He is currently employed as a physical therapist at Essentia Health, in Duluth, MN. Additionally Alex serves as the Company Physical Therapist with the Minnesota Ballet. He is also a professional modern, aerial, and ballroom dance performer and instructor.
If you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
To find your State Services in your State you can go to www.AFB.org and search the directory for your agency.
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, the Job Insights Support Groupand the Assistive Technology Community for the Blind and Visually Impaired.