State Services for the Blind hosted a Career Expo for high school and college students who are blind, low vision, or DeafBlind. The event took place on Saturday, April 27.
Throughout the Expo students had the opportunity to:
- Connect with adults with a vision loss from a variety of professions and careers.
- Hear from college representatives about what college is like.
- Learn why diversity matters from an employer’s point of view.
- Share and learn about assistive technology
- Sign up for individual informational and/or mock interviews.
In this interview, Jeff Thompson caught up with Rev. Lisa Larges:
Rev. Lisa Larges
Associate Pastor, Lake Nokomis Presbyterian Church
In addition to full-time work, Lisa serves part-time as the Associate Pastor for Congregational Care at a small church in Minneapolis. She has a Master’s of Divinity from San Francisco Theological Seminary. Previously, she worked for a church-related nonprofit, and had the opportunity to preach and teach at more than 350 churches and church conferences nationally.
If you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
To find your State Services in your State you can go to www.AFB.org and search the directory for your agency.
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, the Job Insights Support Groupand the Assistive Technology Community for the Blind and Visually Impaired.