Eager to think about plans for summer? Are you between the ages of 14-21? There are so many opportunities for youth to connect, learn, and have fun!
Learn about summer student programs and the opportunities available for in-person and virtual experiences. In this podcast your will hear from:
- Michell Gip, Youth Services coordinator at Blind Inc., Minneapolis.
- Chris Correia, Youth Program Manager at Lighthouse Center for Vital Living, Duluth.
- John Filek, Regional Services coordinator, Helen Keller National Center.
- Brittany Thomfor, Director of Student Support Services , Minnesota State Academies, Faribault
- Hannah Peach, Virtual Program Coordinator, Learn and Earn and Prosper-LEAP Program, Vermont.
- Julie Kochevar, Summer Transition Program, STP, St. Paul.
- Lauren Greeley, Program Manager Rehabilitation Center and Pre-ETS Development Program, Vision Loss Resources, Minneapolis.
- Sheila Koenig, . Pre-ETS Program and Transition Services Manager, State Services for the Blind, St. Paul.
Please share with high school students and their families.
We look forward to hearing from you!
You can contact any of the above through the links provided and you can find out all the programs by contacting yourSSB counselor or by contacting Sheila Koenig:
Sheila Koenig, M.Ed. Pre-ETS Program and Transition Services Manager
Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development
State Services for the Blind
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Pre-ETS Program and Transition Services Manager Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group