Jeff and Pete welcome mat Carson into the Blind Abilities studio today. Matt is a Teacher of the Visually Impaired, a musician, a singer songwriter who is proud to write and perform sad songs that fit neatly into the country music genre. Matt has written, performed, recorded and produced dozens of songs, most of which he produced himself in his home studio. Matt released his first full length album in 2019 entitled no regrets, on which he played all of the instruments with the exception of drums And pedal steel guitar. Matt has also been totally blind since birth. He shares all of these topics, with Jeff and Pete and as usual, they introduce quite a few excerpts of his music, not only from his no regrets album, but from his current project, a three song EP on which he welcomes Michael Cleveland, Bluegrass fiddler extraordinaire, whom Jeff and Pete introduced on Blind Abilities a couple of months ago.
Sit back and enjoy this fascinating interview with their multi-talented guest, Matt Carson., A fascinating conversationalist a Teacher for the Visually Impaired, And an accomplished singer, songwriter and all around entertaining country artist.
Check out Matt’s web site:
www.MattCarsonMusic.com for all things Matt, his music, touring schedule and tickets.
* Matt’s music is available on Spotify, Apple music, YouTube and other outlets and streaming services.
* Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tick Tock,@MattCarsonMusic
* Matt just released a single: I Never Go Around Mirrors
Below are the tine spots and titles of Matt’s songs which have been inserted throughout the podcast:
* 6:35 – Finally Be Free, , featuring Rob Polivka – from No Regrets album.
* 8:46 – One Last Time
* 10:15 – Waste of Time
* 11:10 – Help Me Make It Through the Night, written by Kris Kristofferson
* 16:23 – Pro Tools with Speech, Matt and Rob Polivka, Introduction
* 21:45 – Back on the wagon- written by Matt, with Michael Cleveland on Fiddle
* 23:33 – I Never Go Around Mirrors, from No Regrets album, with Michael Cleveland on Fiddle, Mandolin and Acoustic guitar
* 24:35 – Jerusalem Ridge – Michael Cleveland on Fiddle
* 25:14 – I never go around mirrors – single just released.
* 25:45 – Jamming out back on Facebook, Here I Am
* 27:13 – A Place to Fall Apart, with Michael Cleveland, Merle Haggart cover
* 29:15 – No Regrets, title song for No Regrets album, in closing
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Pre-ETS Program and Transition Services Manager Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
You can follow us on Twitter @BlindAbilities
On the web at www.BlindAbilities.com
Send us an email and give us a call at 612-367-6093, we would love to hear from you!
Get the Free Blind Abilities App on the App Storeand Google Play Store.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Community on Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired