Keep Your Money
Tips on Saving While You Shop
One thing I enjoy is saving money on necessary items. I am excited that this has become much easier with technology. I use a bunch of different apps and websites when I create my shopping list. I have compiled a few tips below to help you on the journey of keeping all that cash.
A few quick tips to begin:
1. Create a list. Know before going shopping what you will need and try and stick to it. If you go without a plan, items have a way of getting in your cart that may break the bank.
2. Check your cupboards and fridge before creating the list. Know what you have on hand and create meals around those items.
3. Check the stores ad before creating your list. Plan your meals around the sales.
4. Search through your coupons for additional savings.
5. Get to know your stores sales. Many stores have cycles of sale items. Your store may have chicken on sale every 3rd week of the month. If a good sale hits on products you like, note when they are on sale and see if you can detect a cycle.
6. Know what is in season. Produce is most affordable during particular times throughout the year. It will help you get in all that goodness without costing a fortune.
7. Use reward programs or credit card offers. Note: if using the credit card option, pay the balance off immediately. So use the card for the amount you would of spent using your debit card, and pay it off when you get home. The Red Card through Target offers a 5% discount on purchases. If you intended on spending $100 on groceries, it would save you $5. However, interest will do you in if you do not pay it immediately.
8. Do not try to be a brand loyalist. If you are open to a few different brands, it will open up your possibilities for saving. If you have three different brands of laundry soap you are willing to use, it will maximize your savings. I know though that sometimes there is no decent alternative. In those cases see if you can determine when that brand is on sale.
9. Ask cashier for coupons. Many stores do not allow employees to suggest sales or coupons, however if you ask, they can help. JC Penney is one example of this. They often have coupons at the checkout. Just ask them! Sometimes you may have to tell them what coupon it is that they are offering, but it is so worth it.
10. Check the size. Bulk items often get the reputation of being cheaper. However, that may not always be true. Smaller sizes on sale, and in combination with a coupon, may be much cheaper.
11. Does your store have an app? Many stores now are offering an app that allows you to clip coupons and get rewards. You can also view the weekly ad and price compare. This has been wonderful for an accessible way of shopping and saving money.
12. When is it the right time to buy? Purchasing some products at particular times during the year will save you a ton. For example, school supplies are cheapest in the summer, and may cost a fortune later on.
Here are some popular Store Apps:
Just search Google with the name of your favorite store and add the words App and IOS for your iPhone and Android for others.
More tips and examples will come very soon. For more blogs and podcasts, visit BlindAbilities.com
#Savings #Money #Target #Coupons #Stores #JCPenney