Blind Abilities Presents: A new series entitled Creating A Podcast. Pete Lane introduces, the first part in a multi-part series on the process of creating a podcast, from the initial Skype recording, editing and applying effects, working with split tracks, creating an Intro, Outro and inserting transitions. This is a detailed and tightly edited podcast intended for both beginners and others who might want to pick up a tip or two.
This initial part includes the first two Chapters of the podcast:
* Chapter 1 covers an overview of Audio Hijack, the Mac app on which the Skype recording was made. The recording features a conversation between Erica turner and myself, the completed podcast for which was posted at: www.BlindAbilities.com on May 27, 2016.
* Chapter 2 includes the initial editing of unwanted portions of the call using Amadeus Pro.
* Below is a list of Amadeus Pro Keyboard Commands used in this series:
– Move to next/Previous Marker – Option + Right/Left Arrow
– Extend Selection to Next/Previous Marker – Command + Right/Left Arrow
– Move to beginning/end of audio file – Option + Home/End
– Go To Location (determine and/or go to exact time location of audio file) – Command + G
– Move to Right Channel in single stereo track – Press Down Arrow key twice
– Move to Left channel in single stereo track – Press Up Arrow key twice
– Move between single tracks in a multi-track file – Press N, or VO + Up/Down Arrow
– Place Insertion Point – Command + P
– Play/Pause selected audio – Press spacebar
– Play from beginning of audio file – Press Tab key
– Advance/Reverse Play Back – Press Right/Left Arrow during play back
– Sample resulting audio after deletion is made – Press E
– Set Marker – Press P, or Command + Shift + M
– Delete Selected Audio – Press Backspace button at top right of keyboard
– Delete all tracks together in multi-track file – Option + Back space
– Listen to focused track in multi-track file – Shift + spacebar
– Save File – Press S
– Save As new file – Command + Shift + S
– Repeat last action – Command + T
– Undo Previous Action – Command Z
– Redo Undone Action – Command + Shift + Z
– Bounce Multi-track file to a new, single-track file – Command + Shift + F
– Fade-in – Command + Shift + Comma
– Fade-out – Command + Shift + Period
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this series next week.
Please provide feedback on this initial episode by writing to Info@BlindAbilities.com