Blind Abilities presents a new iPhone101 Series entitled: “Managing Mail Messages and Accounts in iOS – Adding, Retrieving and Deleting, Oh My!”
This new series provides a series of in depth demonstrations aimed at giving you the tools to effectively manage your email in an organized and efficient manner. Pete Lane walks us through each step of these processes with snappy and thorough presentations.
Parts 4 and 5
introduction to the process of deleting an email account from an iOS device. Specifically, Part 4:
Using his Gmail accounts as an example, going into the Settings App and deleting it.
Demonstrates how to add an existing email account to a device, using the previously deleted Gmail account as the example, adding it back to the iPhone and migrating over to the Google.com web site as is required when adding or creating a Gmail account.
Step by Step processes:
Part 4 – Deleting an Email account from Your iDevice
- Open your Settings App with a single-finger double-tap, or ask Siri to “open Settings”. Then flick right until you arrive at “Mail”, single-finger double-tap.
- Flick right until you arrive at Accounts, then flick right to the particular account you wish to delete from the list provided (Gmail, Outlook, iCloud…), single-finger double-tap to select.
- Flick right to “Delete Account”, single-finger double-tap.
- Note: iOS will alert you that deleting the account will also remove other items from your device, such as, mail, notes or Calendars. Single-finger double-tap to confirm.
- This completes the deletion of the account from your device. You can verify it by performing a single-finger double-tap on the “Back” button and flick through the remaining list of accounts shown on the previous screen.
- Note: you can also check by using your App Switcher to toggle over to your Mail app and scroll through the list of Mailboxes listed there. Activate your App Switcher by rotating two fingers, like twisting a bottle-cap, clockwise or counter-clockwise until you hear Voiceover say “Mail”, then perform a single-finger double-tap to open Mail”. Flick to the Mailboxes to verify if the account has been removed.
Part 5: Adding an existing Email Account onto your iDevice:
- Ask Siri to open the “Settings” app, or perform a single-finger double-tap on the App icon.
- Flick down to “Mail” and perform a single-finger double-tap, then select “Accounts at the top of the new screen.
- Flick right to “Add Account”, then perform a single-finger double-tap.
- Select the email account service you wish to add by performing a Single-finger double-tap on that item in the list: iCloud, Exchange, Google / Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook.com / Hotmail, or “Other”.
- Note: If you choose to add a Gmail account, you should select Google. In this case iOS will refer you to Google.com to sign in and register the email account. Be ready with your email address and password, your name and gender, as Google will require this information during the process.
- Type in the email address and login information requested.
- Note: Dictation does not behave well with these text fields so be prepared to use the onscreen or a blue tooth keyboard.
- You will now be prompted to provide your cellular phone number so Google can contact you when needed. Once you do so, you will be sent a six-digit security code via text message. Be ready for this as you are given a 30 second time frame to retrieve and enter it quickly in the space provided.
- After providing your phone number and entering the security code, you will be presented a “Save” button, single-finger double-tap to do so.
You will then move back to the previous screen showing your email accounts, including the newly added account. You can also return to your Mail App to verify that the new account is listed there as well.
You are done! Congratulations!
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group