The Tech Abilities crew gathered in the Blind Abilities Studio to cover news and tech tidbits from a Blindness perspective. Serina, Callie and Jeff are joined with Jesse and they cover a lot of topics from the new Gucci Bag for the Air Pod Max Headphones for only $980 Microsoft 11, Aira and the Puppy Bowl Webcast, getting a pet dog as a Blind person, Instagram and Accessibility and much more. Marlon and Tre make a Toast Master thingy. Check out the links and timeline of topics below.
You can listen using chapters if your player allows and jump to the topic of your choice.
Links and Topics from the Episode
- Welcome. 00:00
- Let’s Get this Show Started. 00:41
- Introducing the Team and Toast Master Skit. 01:29
- 9to5Mac, Deals: AirPods Max $100 off, 05:00
- Don’t like the AirPods Max Smart Case? Gucci has its own case for just $980.
- Face ID with a Mask is way better than using your Apple Watch to unlock your iPhone 7:48
- Connecticut man arrested after trying and failing to stalk someone with an AirTag. 09:07
- February 13th – the Big Game and Puppy Bowl with Aira 10:53
- Aira COVID Promotion revisited
- NFB Sponsors Initiative to Address Inaccessibility of Covid-19 At-home Testing
- Crafting an Accessible Instagram Feed. 15:06
- Notifications Temporarily or Permanent. 18:58
- Microsoft Windows 11 is downloaded and installed! 24:48
- How accessible is your exercise equipment? 32:15
- Peloton bike, Concept 2 Model 2 Rowing machine, Treadmill
- Blind Abilities Fantasy Football winner Pete Lane. 34:10
- Looking for more teams.
- Activision/Blizzard acquired by Microsoft, What does this mean for accessibility and usability? 34:10
- Sony buys in as well!
- Callie Quest at Miami Lighthouse and Braille. 42:03
Can a Visually Impaired person get a pet dog? 45:28
- Exercising differently. 53:27
- Bye-Bye/Credits. 59:17
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group