Welcome to another iPhone101 QuickByte from Blind Abilities. In this QuickByte, Jeff Thompson shows how to turn on Emergency Bypass for those specific contacts for specific moments when you need that call or text.
Occasionally you might like to put your phone on silent or put it in do not disturb mode for those times you may be at the theatre or cinema, or you could be in an important meeting. But at the same time there may be occasions you need to be on standby to receive an important call from a child, parent etc.
Setting up Emergency Bypass for a specific contact:
- Single finger double tap on the Phone icon
- On the bottom tab bar, single finger tap on Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to allow to bypass.
- Swipe to the left to “Edit”.
- Single finger double tap on edit.
- Single finger swipe left to right down to Ringtone.
- Single finger double tap.
- Single finger swipe left to right down to Emergency Bypass.
- Toggle on or off by single finger double tapping.
- Tap on Done in the Upper right hand corner to save changes.
- Again, tap on Done in the Upper right hand corner to save changes.
Emergency Bypass allows sounds and vibrations from this person even when the ring switch is set to silent, or when Do Not Disturb is on.
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group