This new iPhone101 series provides five individual demonstrations aimed at giving you the tools to effectively manage your email in an organized and efficient manner. Pete Lane walks us through each step of these processes in a snappy and thorough presentation.
Parts 1 and 2
An Introduction to various ways to delete individual emails, one at a time or in bulk quantities and then the process of retrieving deleted emails.
Process 1 – How to delete individual emails from your Mail App:
- Open the Mail app by single finger double tapping on the Mail icon or ask Siri to, “Open Mail”.
- Single finger swipe left to right down to the email you want to delete.
- Flick up or down to the action item, “Delete”.
- Single finger double tap.
- If you are reading an email and want to delete it, flick up or down to, “Trash”.
- Single finger double tap.
- You will then be placed in the next email message, opened and ready to read.
Note: When deleting from an opened email, the app will open the next email automatically. You may or not want desire this action of auto-opening. You can also go back and delete from the email list as in the previous method above.
How to delete multiple emails quickly:
- Open your Mail App with a single-finger double-tap, then flick right and select the account where you wish to delete emails, i.e. Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, etc. – single-finger double-tap. Then flick to the right and perform a single-finger double-tap on the Edit button. This will activate a Select button.
- Single-finger double-tap on “Select All”, and proceed to step 3 below. If you do not wish to delete all of your mail messages, flick right and select each email you wish to delete with a single-finger double-tap. Voiceover will say “selected” for each item you select..
- At the bottom of the screen, single-finger double-tap on “Trash” or “Archive” to delete the selected messages.
Retrieving Deleted email messages:
- After opening your Mail app with a single-finger double-tap, flick right until you reach your “Trash folder. This is where your deleted messages have been placed.
- Flick right into the list of messages and select those which you wish to retrieve by performing a single-finger double-tap. When all have been selected, perform a 4-finger single-tap towards the bottom of your screen. Flick left with one finger until you reach “Move”, then single-finger double-tap.
- You will then be placed on the “back” button at the top of your screen. Flick right until you reach “Inbox”. Single-finger double-tap and the messages you have selected will be moved there. You can verify this by flicking right into your list of messages in the “Inbox” to find they are no longer there.
Stay tuned for more installments in this new iPhone101 series, “Managing email Messages and Accounts”, when we explore how to delete entire accounts from your device, and add both existing and new email accounts to your iDevice. We hope this will give you a more efficient approach towards managing and working in your Mail app in the future.
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group