In this iPhone101 QuickByte Jeff Thompson will show you how one can set up a Sleep Focus to ensure a peaceful night sleep and only Allowed Notifications will come through. And, setting up weekday and Weekend settings for the times of your choosing.
- Open “Settings” with Siri or a Single finger double tap on the Settings icon.
- Single finger swipe right down to “Focus” and Single finger double tap to open.
- Swipe to the right down to “Sleep” and Single finger double tap.
- Toggle on or off with a single finger double tap.
- Swipe right down through the “Bedtime” and Wake Time settings and tap on “Edit”.
- Select your Bedtime and Wake time.
- Tap on “Done”.
Note: You can ask Siri to turn on or off Sleep Focus at any time.
Allowed Notifications Heading
People None allowed., single finger double tap to add groups or individuals from your contact list.
Apps none allowed., Single finger double tap to add from your app list.
You can toggle back and forth from people or apps.
Swipe to the right
Remove all people/apps or add people from contacts or from your apps list.
You can allow people from your favorites or time sensitive notifications immediately when sleep focus is turned on.
Apple has really put a lot of options in the Focus settings and the Sleep Mode is just one example of the personalization that you can cu for your needs. This QuickByte shows but one way to set up the Sleep mode and I hope you have learned enough to explore all the settings and make Sleep Mode a tool that you can use.
Siri Announcing Notifications
- Go to Settings Icon, single finger double tap.
- Swipe down to “Focus”, single finger double tap.
- Swipe down to Siri Heading and swipe one more time to, “Announce notifications, single finger double tap to toggle On or Off.
Be sure to check out all the Blind Abilities iPhone101/QuickBytes and subscribe to the Blind Abilities podcast wherever you listen to podcasts.
You can follow us on Twitter @BlindAbilities
On the web at www.BlindAbilities.com
Send us an email
Get the Free Blind Abilities App on the App Storeand Google Play Store.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group