In this iPhone101/QuickByte demonstration from Blind Abilities, Jeff Thompson will Add the Battery Widget to the Today View and then move the Battery widget to where he wants it located on the screen. With a few swipes and flicks, you can pick the widget, choose the size of the widget and move the widget to the location that suits your needs.
Let’s start on the home screen:
- Touch in the body of your home screen to get the focus on an app icon.
- Do a 3 finger swipe from left to right to open the Today View. Note: You can skip this step if you want the Widget on the page you are on.
- Once again, get the focus on an item on the screen and flick up to “edit mode”. Single finger double tap to begin the edit mode.
- In the upper left hand corner double tap on “Add Widget”.
- Swipe down to “Battery” or a widget of your choice. Double tap to select.
- If the widget has size options, flick up through the choices of pages, 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and so on. You can explore by touch to listen to the widget information.
- Double tap on “Add Widget” when you make your choice.
- You are still in “Edit Mode” and you can flick up to “Drag Batteries”. Single finger double tap.
- Explore the screen by moving your finger around or by single finger swiping right or left.
- When a location seems right, flick up to drop before or after said location. Single finger double tap.
- Flick up to “Stop editing apps”.
Happy Holidays and may the Widgets be with You! LOL
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group