You can determine if Voiceover reads aloud Some, none or All punctuation. Imagine your email reading back like this:
Hi comma Everybody comma
How are you all question mark I am fine period
This can be annoying unless you are proofreading a paper, legal document or maybe you like it that way?
If you just want Some punctuation such as, an equal sign, the degree symbol from your weather report or the percentage sign when checking your battery, then the System Group – Some maybe best for you.
None is the 3rd setting where no punctuation will be spoken basically.
You can check out these system groups, All, Some and None by going to the Punctuation settings and choosing your preference.
You can change a system group by creating your own system group based off of either the All, Some or None group. This will allow you a good starting point rather than starting from scratch.
So if you like the Some settings and want to add or tweak a few punctuations, then start with the Some group. If you like the None punctuation setting and want to add a few punctuations, then start with the None group. And if you love All punctuations, but want to make a change to a specific punctuation or 2, then start with the All group.
Here is how it’s done.
- Go to the Settings icon on your device and single finger double tap.
- Single finger swipe left to right down to Accessibility and single finger double tap.
- Swipe down to Verbosity and double tap.
- Double tap on Punctuation.
- Your current setting will be read aloud, such as, “Active Punctuation Group, Some”.
- To investigate the settings or to change, single finger double tap.
- The list of System Groups are listed and your current choice is announced by the word, “selected”.
You can double tap on any of the choices, investigate your changes by reading a document, checking your battery level, reading your weather app, etc. You can always come back and change this setting.
Creating Your Own System Group Based Off the All, Some or None Groups
- In the Punctuation settings, swipe down to, “Add Punctuation Group” and double tap.
- From the pop up list choose which list you want to base your new list off, double tap on, “All”, “Some” or “None”.
- You can name your list and change the default replacements.
- I would suggest investigating your changes in a note or document where you can determine the changes.
If you want to delete a system group you created, swipe to the group and by single finger flicking up or down, you can double tap on delete.
Contact Your State Services
If you reside in Minnesota, and you would like to know more about Transition Services from State Services contact Transition Coordinator Sheila Koenig by email or contact her via phone at 651-539-2361.
Give us a call and leave us some feedback at 612-367-6093 we would love to hear from you!
Check out the Blind Abilities Communityon Facebook, the Blind Abilities Page, and the Career Resources for the Blind and Visually Impaired group